10 German Bands We ♥

MUSIC | 10 German Bands We ♥

1000 robota
BEAT!BEAT!BEAT!
Fotos
I Heart Sharks
Jennifer Rostock
Kilians
Kraftklub
Supershirt
Tele
Timid Tiger
Ich liebe diese Bands (is that correct German?). I've been on a bit of a personal mission lately, to try and find bands from non-English speaking countries that I can enjoy. I don't really know why, I guess I'm just a pretentious b@stard like that. You'll see that I've already covered some of the Japanese bands that I like over at '10 Japanese Bands We ♥', and here are 10 cool German bands that I recommend checking out.

There are a lot of great deutscherock bands out there (a term I don't like as it doesn't determine a genre, rather it refers to bands that perform German language songs) that I've really gotten into, despite having limited German myself. 
German music has had a profound impact on the indie rock music scene, particularly of the electronic kind (think Kraftwerk and the later krautrock subgenre). Of the current crop, BEAT!BEAT!BEAT! is particularly noteworthy and have had a lot of success internationally.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, in terms of the number of quality German bands out there, perhaps you might be able to recommend some others?

No comments:

Post a Comment