Hong Kong in the 60s

MUSIC | I ♥ Band: Hong Kong in the 60s


Hong Kong in the 60s is a London based trio that have been on the scene for a few years now but have only recently released their debut full-length album, 'My Fantoms' on Proper Songs. Their sound is a mix of twee pop and synth-pop (more twee than synth) and is characterised by melodic tunes laced with delicate, folksy vocals.

They have shared the stage with a number of great bands such as A Classic Education and Design a Wave and have been compared to, most obviously, Camera Obscura and Big White Clouds.

You should definitely check out their website too... it features band info, upcoming shows and miscellaneous bits and pieces that have inspired them.

Hong Kong in the 60s - 'You Can Take A Heart But You Cannot Make It Beat'


Label | Proper Songs

2 comments:

  1. I love Hong Kong in the 60's! :D
    I like their song "Footsteps"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this band too. I really hope more people get to know them so that they can keep putting out great music. Footsteps is a lovely song.

    Thanks also for being the first to comment on my new blog! I hope you like it. I stalked and had a look at your blog... I really like it!

    ReplyDelete